Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Color Theming

So obviously the most important thing in your dorm room is going to be your bed, right? I don't know about you but I have spent countless hours looking for the perfect comforter set. Last year I got a cute purple and teal Steve Madden one, but its so incredibly loud and busy that I'm not sure if I can stand to use it this year. I've been on the search for the perfect bedding, and I still haven't really found what I'm looking for.

The most important thing you want to do when looking for bedding is pick a color scheme and make sure you won't get sick of it. Base your entire room off of the colors you use in your bed. This year I am trying to find a black and white comforter with black and white pillows and then pick a pale blue or purple sheet set underneath to make a small pop of color. With the black and white theme I'm probably going to try to accent with black and white decorations on my wall and around my room.
I love the look of this small space. Even the lamp matches and I really like the use of the black flowers against the black and white stripes.

I really like the way this room was designed. The designer picked 3 colors and kept the scheme constant and then added in that leopard print as an out of the box texture. The room looks dynamic without having too much going on. Its not hard to coordinate everything together as long as you do your research and don't get too color happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment